Today was our last day at the hospital. The interns brought in cake for morning report. I asked for a group picture and they begrudgingly obliged (the guys wanted to keep eating cake.) Here is the group.
Its so hard to believe that we have been here for a month. Part of me feels like its been years, but another part feels like we just got off the plane. Its been an amazing month and I'm so glad that we got to come down. I am still saddened by the many devistating cases we saw. I know that will stick with us for a lifetime.
We are all packed and ready to fly home tomorrow. Our plane leaves Namibia at 410pm and arrives at JFK at 740am Sunday. Oh, just in case you were wondering, all of those kids DID turn our to have measels. So, you might want to steer clear of Stacey and I if we develop cough, coryza or conjunctivitis (and NO, you aren't allowed to check me for Koplik spots.)
See you all soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment